The department of Internal Medicine provides high-quality comprehensive primary care services to in & out patients along with personalized care to the hospitalized patients suffering from a wide range of health problems. The department is fully equipped to manage & treat various respiratory infections, heart diseases, joint pain, acute sickness & diabetes. Our internal medicine team comprises of certified physicians & doctors with years of medical experience & is proficient in their respective fields. The fact that the Hospital runs 3 parallel Medical OPDs in each shift is a testimony to the standard of care provided to the patients.
- The physicians & internal medicine experts are making coordinated efforts towards medical challenges & microbial resistance. The physicians are gearing up to formulate an antibiotic policy for the hospital and adapt to the changing paradigm of internal medicine. Conscientious efforts are being made towards working through Evidence based medicine with proper prevention, diagnosis & treatment of acute health problems.
- The department maintains high alertness in dealing with all kinds of seasonal infirmities & tropical calamities. The Internal Medicine team has been achieving milestones in managing the patients admitted with Dengue and Chikungunya while proving the capability of the Internal Medicine department. The department has treated more than 500 patients affected by these viruses last year with almost 100% success rate.
- As part of social & community service, the physicians of Internal Medicine department, organizes health check up camps free of cost.
- Our internal medicine consultants are equipped to deal with whatever problem a patients brings— no matter how common or rare, or how simple or complex. We provide 24x7 treatment services and laboratory support for in-patient care and emergency cases.
The sub-specialities of Internal Medicine are:
- Allergy & immunology (treatment of immune system disorders)
- Cardiology (treatment of heart disorders)
- Endocrinology (treatment of hormonal disorders)
- Gastroenterology (treatment of digestive system disorders)
- Hematology (treatment of blood and bone marrow disorders)
- Infectious disease
- Nephrology (treatment of kidney disorders)
- Medical Oncology (treatment of cancer with medicine or chemotherapy)
- Pulmonology (treatment of lung disorders)
- Rheumatology (treatment of musculoskeletal disorders)
- Hepatology (treatment of liver, gallbladder, biliary tree & pancreas)
Internists at Kailash Hospital perform examinations, diagnosis & treat acute illness (such as infections, influenza), chronic diseases (diabetes, high blood pressure) & incorporate disease prevention & mental health (including substance abuse) into the care they provide. Internists prescribe and administer medications, immunizations, and treatments.
Doctors of internal medicine may undergo additional training to attain qualification in adolescent medicine, geriatrics, or sports medicine.