Transfusion medicine is concerned with appropriate use of blood & its components for various treatments. It includes blood bank, which is a multidisciplinary department with two way responsibility towards the donor & recipients.
The mission of the Transfusion medicine Department at Kailash Hospital, Gr. Noida is to make available appropriately high quality safe blood & blood components in adequate quantity to 'Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere' round the clock. To maintain quality of blood and blood products, voluntary donors are taken. Blood Bank of the hospital has the state-of- art equipment & Technology. Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) is followed at all phases of donor’s selection, screening & processing blood and serological processes. Standardized techniques & quality control are maintained as laid down in the Drugs and Cosmetic Act, of the Regulatory Authority, Drugs Controller General (India), Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India, National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Health Care Providers and WHO.
Apart from carrying out all mandatory tests (VDRL, Malaria, HIV I&II, HbsAg and Hepatitis C virus as laid down by the Drug Controller of India for licensed Blood Banks, Kailash Hospital also conducts Hepatitis B core Antibody (Anti HBcore IgM + IgG) on every unit of blood to make the blood safer for transfusion.
Blood Donation Procedure:
Blood donation is a simple, harmless and painless procedure consisting of:
- Medical examination; blood donor should be medically fit
- Simple laboratory tests- Hemoglobin estimation
- Blood is withdrawn with sterile & disposable needle in bags to prevent any chance of infection by donating blood.
- Actual blood donation takes 8-9 minute
- Refreshment: some healthy drink is given after donation & donor is advised to rest for 8-10 minutes
- Screening of blood for transfusion - transmitted disease
- p24 HIV and anti-HIV 1 & 2 by ELISA by fourth generation test
- HBV (HbsAg) by ELISA
- HCV (anti-HCV) by ELISA
- Red Cells serology - tests for ABO , Rh(D) group & Du (weak D) in Rh negative donor
- Antibody screening for complete & incomplete antibodies
- Antihuman Globulin Test - Manual & Gel Technology
- Titer of complete antibodies in saline
- Titer of incomplete antibodies by antihuman globulin test (I.D. Gel technique)
- Compatibility test is done for complete & incomplete antibodies
- Compatibility test for incomplete antibodies is done by Coombs' test (I.D.Gel Technology)
- Adverse reactions of blood transfusion are investigated
- Blood Components Available
- Leukocytes-reduced Packed red blood cell (LR-PRBC)
- Packed red blood cell (PRBC)
- Platelet concentrate (RDP & SDP)
- Fresh Frozen Plasma (FFP)