General Surgery at Kailash Hospital is the surgical specialty that focuses on the management and surgical treatment of conditions that affect almost any area of the body. It is fully equipped with cutting edge equipments enabling to offer a full range of specialty to sub-specialties in General Surgery to provide critical care to all patients at risk including adults and children.
Accident (Poly trauma) & Emergency Services
- 24 Hour surgical assistance for accident and acute cases in need of urgent surgery.
- All varieties of poly trauma cases are handled expeditiously by a trauma team comprising of General Surgeons, orthopedicians, Neuro Surgeons, Thoracic Surgeons and Intensivists.
A team of senior consultants of more than 15 years trained experience from Indian & International Institutions, in General Surgery provide comprehensive specialized surgical care for following types of surgery.
- Liver, spleen, pancreatic surgery
- Abscess incision & drainage
- Cholecystectomy & Elective splenectomy
- Femoral hernia repair
- Gastroesophageal reflux surgery
- Surgery for Anorectal diseases like piles, fissures & fistula
- Gall bladder diseases & surgical jaundice
- Colorectal benign & malignant diseases
- Diseases of esophagus, stomach & intestines
- Benign and malignant diseases of breast & thyroid
- Surgery for appendix, hernia, hydrocele & testes related problems
- Laparoscopic and minimal access surgery for abdominal problems
- Peripheral vascular, venous and thoracic surgery
Two most common types of surgical procedures in General Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) or 'keyhole' surgery is a technique that allows surgery to be performed through small incisions (cuts). This leads to lesser pain & speedier recovery.
- Laparoscopic Gastric Banding (Lapband) Surgery: Lapband Surgery is for the severely obese who have difficulty losing weight through dieting and exercise, or for those who have related medical problems. Obesity is a major risk factor for diabetes, hypertension, hypercholesterolaemia & heart disease, leading to lower life expectancy & quality of life.