The Hospital offers all facilities for investigations & treatment of diseases of the brain, spinal cord, muscle and nerves. In this era of technological advances, the department of Neurology provides patients with the best possible access for brain, spinal cord, muscle, nerve and neuromuscular junction disorder.
The Centre is equipped with the most sophisticated and advanced technological aids to assist in diagnosis and management. It is backed with the state of art ICU dealing with patients requiring acute Neurological care like stroke / cerebrovascular accidents, status epilepticus, myasthenia gravis, GBS, encephalitis and meningitis.
The Facilities & Equipment Include
- 1.5 Tesla MRI
- Spiral CT Scan
- Electro-physiological studies
- Neuro ICU
Department of Neurology at Kailash Hospital Dehradun offers round the clock, comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic neurology services. The Neurology team is highly qualified, experienced and manage patients as per internationally accepted, evidence based protocols. The team handles regular outpatient neurological problems including migraine and other headache disorders, backache, cervical pain, neuropathy, myopathy, epilepsy, as well as neurological emergencies like acute ischemic strokes, neuromuscular emergencies, neuro-infections and status epilepticus.
The Neurology consultants are the leaders of the stroke team that also comprise of Neuroradiologists, and Neurosurgeons trained in acute stroke care. The procedures offered are intravenous thrombolysis and decompressive craniectomy for large infarcts.
The Department of Neurology at Kailash Hospital Dehradun, is supported by well equipped neuro intensive care unit facilities like invasive intra cranial pressure monitoring and bedside Electro Encephalo Gram (EEG) monitoring for managing critically ill patients with neurological illnesses. Neurologists are experienced to administer botulinum toxin injections in various movement disorders and spasticity.
Treatments and Procedures
- Diagnosis and management of various seizure disorders
- Neurophysiology unit: Nerve conduction study, Electromyography, Repetitive nerve stimulation study, evoked potentials (VEP,SSEP,BAER), EEG, portable EEG.
- Management of neuromuscular disorders(Myasthenia gravis, peripheral neuropathies, chronic pain, myopathy, headache disorder, neuro-infections( tuberculous meningitis, neurocysticercosis, bacterial meningitis, viral encephalitis, cryptococcal meningitis ) and sleep disorders
- Management and treatment of Stroke
- Comprehensive neuro rehabilitation including physiotherapy, gait training and occupational therapy
- Management of dementia including alzheimer’s disease
- Management of movement disorders including parkinsonism, dystonia, tremors, chorea and other
- Thrombolysis with tissue plasminogen activator (TPA) in acute ischemic stroke
- Botulinum toxin injections in various movement disorders (blephrospasm, hemifacial spasm, dystonia,) and spasticity.