- The Ophthalmology Department at Kailash Hospital & Heart Institute is equipped with all necessary modern equipment like Slit Lamp, Keratometer A-Scan Biometer (Storz USA), Phacoemulsification Machine (Storz), Visual Field Analyzer Humphrey (Carl Zeis), Operating Microscope (Moeler Biedel), Direct and Indirect Ophthalmoscope.
- The Department has the distinction of installing the first Phacoemulsification unit at Noida in 1998. The Department is offering in-depth study of cases suffering from Cataract Glaucoma, Low Vision and Contact Lens.
- The Department has operated 350 to 500 cases of Cataract using modern technique of Phacoemulsification with Foldable Lens implantation.
Vitreo Retina & UVEA Specialist
An experienced Medical Retina & Uvea Specialist; Vitreo-retinal Surgeon with advanced skills in these super-specialities
She is an expert in performing complete range of ophthalmic surgeries, treatments and diagnosis. She has a rich experience of more than 10 years.
Prior to joining Kailash group of Hospitals she has worked as a Consultant (Vitreo-Retina and Uvea) at I-CARE Hospital, Noida (for four years: 2009 - 2013) and also done a Long Term Fellowship in Vitreo-retinal surgery and Medical retina (2007 - 2009) under the guidance of Dr Alay S. Banker who is one of the leading vitreoretinal surgeons and uveitic disease experts of the country.
She has also worked as a Senior Consultant in Vitreo-Retina and Uvea Department at various prestigious hospitals in Delhi-NCR like Batra Hospital and Medical Research Centre, Delhi. Perfect vison hospital, Faridabad. Eye health hospital, Noida (2013-2016)
She offers quality treatment and care in the following spectrum of complex Retinal/ophthalmic procedures
PRP, Macular Photocoagulation
Nd : YAG Iridectomy & Capsulotomy
Proficient in performing all major vitreo-retinal surgeries
- Conventional scleral buckling retinal surgery
- Pneumatic retinopexy
- Pars Plana Vitrectomy (PPV) (20, 23/25 gauge; using wide-field viewing systems, endodrainage, expansile gas, silicone oil, PFCLs, endophotocoagulation etc)
- Rhegmatogenous Retinal Detachment (RD)
- Macular holes
- Epiretinal membranes (ERM) & VMTS
- Vitreous haemorrhage
- Intra-ocular foreign body removal
- Aphakic & pseudophakic RD
- Retained lens material
- Posteriorly dislocated crystalline lens & IOLs
- Vitrectomy for endophthalmitis & uveitis
- Proliferative diabetic retinopathy
- Scleral fixation of IOLs
Specialised paediatric ophthalmic experience:
- Proficient in doing Screening for ROP and Laser for Pre-threshold and Threshold ROP with / without IVAs (trained by renowned ROP specialist, Dr Alay Banker)
Medical Retina OPD procedures:
- Fundus Photography & Fluorescein Angiography
- Optical coherence tomography (OCT)
- Intra-vitreal Ozurdex
- Intra-vitreal VEGFs & IVTAs
- Photodynamic Therapy (PDT)
- Electrophysiological tests
Clinical trials Experience: Co-Investigator of an ongoing Multinational trial on Posterior uveitis ( 2012-2013)
International Publication: Co-authored a Chapter in Mucocutaneous Manifestations of Viral Diseases: An Illustrated Guide to Diagnosis and Management by Stephen K Tyring, Angela Yen Moore and Omar Lupi
Authored and Co-authored numerous papers, posters and videos which she has presented in various ophthalmological conferences